ONLY 39 SPOTS LEFT!
HAYWARD, Wisconsin – Get your fat bike to the starting line of the first U.S. National Fat Bike Championship at the Fat Bike Birkie on March 8 in Cable, WI. The American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation is repeating the invitation from its first annual fat bike event last March to elite and new fat bike riders alike to take on the world-famous Birkie Trail. There is a cap of 500 riders for the 2014 event and right now there are just 39 spots left.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Save $15 when you register by March 1
Take advantage of this one day a year when these snow-covered, expertly groomed Birkie Trail is there for the sole use of fat bike riders from around the country. The Birkie Trail is in fantastic shape right now and will continue to be groomed up until race day to make sure the course stays as firm and fast as possible.
6 Reasons to Ride the Fat Bike Birkie:
From Rebecca Rusch
Nationally ranked rider Rebecca Rusch is one of many elite and citizen participants alike the Birkie is looking forward to hosting. We got in touch with her about why she’s headed for the Fat Bike Birkie. Here’s what she had to say:
“Yes, I’m very excited about the Fat Bike Birkie! My boyfriend (also a world champ cyclist and the one who got me turned onto fat biking) and I are signed up and coming out for the event. We had no idea about the national championship designation until after we already signed up.”
Rusch says she was motivated to sign up for this event for various reasons:
1. I have friends in the area and it was a good excuse to come visit them.
2. I always need winter motivation.
3. I’ve been having a ton of fun on my Specialized Fat Boy this winter in Idaho and am getting hooked. It’s been a lousy ski season, so it was perfect timing to pick up fat biking.
4. We have a growing little fat bike advocacy and riding group in Sun Valley Idaho and we are all working to improve access and education in winter areas to allow more fat biking opportunities. The Birkie ski race is the best-known Nordic event in the US and is held in high regard. The success that Fat Bike Birkie is experiencing by working with the Nordic crowd can set a great example for the rest of us working on this issue. So I felt best that I come see first hand how it’s done right.
5. My sponsors and partners are all really excited about this growing riding segment so they also want me to check out the premier fat bike race out there.
6. Did I mention it sounds fun and a good reason to do some riding in a new place?
NEXT: Look for comments from other riders planning to hit the Birkie Trail on March 8.
. . .
RACE . PARTY . PARTY . RIDE AGAIN!
Here’s how to make a total fat bike weekend out of your visit here and participation in the Fat Bike Birkie:
POST-RACE PARTY – AT THE FINISH! - Starting at 11:00 a.m.
Craft Beer on Tap and Grilled Birkie Brats! Get your first beer FREE! Hang out and watch riders come in, eat, drink, win door prizes from our sponsors, see the presentation of the first annual U.S. National Fat Bike Championship Awards. and generally party fat-bike style!
AFTER PARTY – SATURDAY NIGHT! – 7:00 p.m.
Then, at 7:00, the party continues at Rivers Eatery in downtown Cable. Head over for this fat bike after-party and more prizes, hosted by the crew at Fat-Bike.com.
DAY-AFTER GROUP RIDE! – SUNDAY – 10:00 a.m.
More great riding, this time on the local’s favorite singletrack fat-bike trails that the Namekagon Fat Bike Club keep groomed.
- ONLY 39 SPOTS LEFT –
Save $15 When You Register by March 1
Thanks to Our Sponsors – The Fat Bike Birkie, 2014 US National Championship Race, is presented by Freewheel Bike. Other sponsors include the Cabin Stop of Hayward, Life Time Cycle, Riverbrook Bike & Ski, Fat-Bike.com, Hed Bicycle Products, 9:ZERO:7, Bar Mitts, BELCH Gear, 1UP USA, Hammer Nutrition, and GU Energy.