Job Notice: Assistant Cross-Country Ski Coach for Canmore Nordic Ski Club Racing Program
The Canmore Nordic Ski Club is seeking to hire a part-time assistant coach for the Train to Train (TT) and Learn to Compete (LC) programs (14-17 year olds). The position entails attending after-school training sessions 3 days per week, assisting with coaching at training camps, and occasional support at races on some weekends.
This position is part time (average of about 10 hours/week). There is a possibility that the club could offer more hours if the candidate was interested and qualified to teach adults in the winter.
- Conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices for the TT and LC programs
- Work with and assist the lead coach in developing schedules
- Occasionally communicate with athletes and families by email and website about schedule and upcoming events
- Attend some out of town races and camps
- Provide race support including waxing
The ideal candidate will be a skier and/or coach with experience at the junior or senior level working with cross country skiers. Previous coaching experience is preferred but not required.
Contract runs September 3, 2013 – March 23, 2014.
If interested in applying, please submit the following documents to Alain Parent, Canmore Nordic Ski Club Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter and resume, highlighting why you want to coach junior cross country skiers and what skills, experiences and life background you bring
- Two references including name and contact information (at least one ski related contact)
Contact Alain Parent, CNSC Program Director email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
The position will remain open until filled with a review of applications beginning August 1, 2013.
For more details, click here.