January 12, 2018 at 7:58 pm #162309
Play in advance, comparing routes and fares even with the app: here’s how to book the planes to go on vacation spending as little as possible
Regardless of the destination, one of the main costs for which you are always looking for offers and possibilities to save money are flight tickets (for accommodation, however, you can spend less by taking a rental home ). Here are our tips for flying low cost.
1. Book in advance. According to Skyscanner , the best time to book a flight ticket from Italy is about 20 weeks before departure: this saves about 11% of the average cost. By purchasing the ticket with an advance of between 7 and 10 weeks, the savings are around 10%. Still, when you book, it is better to look for Tuesday or Wednesday and always in the afternoon: Altroconsumo says that in these moments it is more probable to get the deal. As for domestic flights, according to Skyscanner book a month in advance allows a savings of 17.4%.
2. Monitor the pages of the airlines. The companies start selling tickets about 11 months before the departure date . All news – including discount coupons, offers and promotions – are reported on the social pages of the main companies: it is therefore advisable to follow them. Not only that: by subscribing to the newsletter you can receive personalized discounts and be advised of any flash rooms (which usually last a day or a few hours).
3. Be flexible in choosing dates and times. If you do not have a specific departure date in mind, focus on flexibility: for example, do not travel on weekends, if you can, but prefer flights on weekdays, almost always cheaper. Attention also to the departure time: fly very early in the morning or at night it costs less.
4. Find last minute flights with Google Flights. Thanks to the agreements that Google has made with airlines all over the world, Google Flights (also available in the app version) allows you to find cheap travel offers and last minute for each destination. Using Google Flights is very simple: just specify the city of departure, destination and dates to search. Found the most convenient flight (the results can be sorted by price, duration, stops, departure times), Google Flights indicates the reference companies that must be contacted to proceed with the online booking. If you do not need to start on a specific day, check the screen that displays the lowest prices for departures and returns for the chosen destination for the whole month, on the calendar and in a chart.
5. Save money with apps Available for Android and Apple users (download is made from the official site), Hopper is the app that allows you to find the most convenient days to leave. Operation is very simple. When first starting up after installation, Hopper uses the location to locate nearby airports. Then you can search for your ticket by entering destination and dates. Hopper shows a calendar in which the days are shown in different colors, depending on the price. In addition, and this is its main feature, the app indicates if prices will go up or if there is any chance that they will fall. Available for Apple and Android devices, Jetradar compare the prices of more than a thousand airlines (including Alitalia, Air One, Meridiana, Air France, Ryanair etc.) to find the cheapest flight and assist the user at every stage of the booking. Very easy to use is also Hipmunk , app that shows all the available flights in order of “agony”, criterion that takes into account price, duration and number of routes, to help the user find the most economical and convenient solution.
6. Compare more offers with search engines. A great help to save on airline tickets comes from search engines like flight24.it, kayak.it, volagratis.com, edreams.it etc. Indicating departure, arrival and dates, these portals compare dozens of offers, promising savings of more than 30 percent on the price of the ticket. By taking advantage of these web pages, and those that simplify the lives of travelers, you can keep track of the rates and locate the company that offers the ticket at the most convenient price.
7. Delete history and cookies. When looking for a flight for your holidays in sites such as those mentioned above, it is a good idea to delete the browser history and cookies before booking. Every time you visit the site of an airline (line or low-cost that is), in fact, you leave traces of their preferences and habits, information that are then used by companies to guide routes, flight schedules and, of course , the price of tickets.
8. Southern beaches, choose small stopovers. Perhaps less welcoming and connected than larger and more frequented ones, smaller airports often allow to save on the ticket price. In fact, most low-cost airlines use secondary airports: what they save in airport taxes is to the benefit of passengers. Also including in the research the possibility of making a return to different airports can help to lower the cost of the ticket. For example, for a trip to Sicily, you can fly to the airports of Trapani or Comiso (in the province of Ragusa): flights are less frequent and at times more inconvenient but the rates are lower than the airports of Palermo and Catania. The same goes for Sardinia (where you can choose between the airports of Alghero, Cagliari and Olbia) and Puglia (land in Foggia, in summer,
9. Check for possible additional costs. Once you have chosen the flight, before proceeding with the booking, look for it on the company’s website. Some comparators retain a percentage of the cost of the flight: buying the ticket on the carrier page avoids this expense. Pay attention to possible additional costs: by clicking on the wrong button, you risk buying many unwanted services (priority boarding, special places, insurance, car hire, hotel, etc.). By declaring you not interested, you will lower the estimate of the trip.
10. Buy one ticket at a time (if you are traveling in a group). Flights for one person – usually – cost less than those for more people (after tax). The reason is simple: some airline booking systems increase the price as the number of tickets available decreases. If you are traveling in a group, then it is better to buy a travel ticket at a time. To be sure to stay close to each other during the trip, go early to check-in.
Start using google flights and get the cheap airfare
google flights first class
google flights from vancouver
google flights flexible dates not working
google flights from seattle
google flights from toronto
google flights from lax
google flights graph
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.