(May 1 press release)
Who: American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation
What: Registration opened for the 2019 American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation slate of events.
When: As of noon today, well over 1000 registrations have already been received for the Slumberland American Birkebeiner race alone.
Friday, February 22, 2019
- Kortelopet 29K Ski Race
- North America’s second largest cross-country ski race
- Prince Haakon 15K Ski Race
Saturday, February 23, 2019
- 45th Annual Slumberland American Birkebeiner “Birkie” 50K/55K Ski Race
- In 2018, skiers from 49 states and 36 countries participated in the “Birkie,” North America’s largest cross-country ski race.
Saturday, March 9, 2019
- 45NRTH Fat Bike Birkie 47K and 21K
- The Fat Bike Birkie is the world’s largest fat bike race
Sunday, January 13, 2019
- The BirkieTour, an untimed, aid station supported ski tour of the Birkie Trail
Where: Events are in Hayward & Cable, Wisconsin. Registration for all events is open and available at www.Birkie.com.
Why: “Silent sports, including Birkie events, provide an estimated over twenty-million-dollar economic impact to northwest Wisconsin alone,” said Ben Popp, American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation, Executive Director. “Birkie events provide year-round opportunities for people from around the world to join together for healthy, active lifestyle events in the great north woods of Wisconsin.”
About the American Birkebeiner® Ski Foundation and Birkie® Events
Located near Hayward and Cable, Wisconsin, the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation (ABSF), a 501(c)(3) organization, is known for its signature American Birkebeiner Ski Marathon held each February. Today, the Birkie has grown to encompass a variety of year-round, silent sport events that promote a healthy, active lifestyle for thousands of outdoor fitness enthusiasts. The ABSF also acts as steward of the legendary Birkie Trail, providing year-round grooming, mowing and maintenance to all 100+ kilometers. From the iconic American Birkebeiner ski race, to the Birkie Trail Run & Trek, and Fat Bike Birkie, the ABSF and the Birkie Trail attract skiers, runners, bikers, trekkers, and hikers, from casual day-trippers to elite athletes. Learn more at www.birkie.com. BIRKIE Ski. Run. Bike. Live!