Have a background in Development and interested in joining the Birkie Team?
Job Title: A.B.S.F. Development Director
Organization Summary: The American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated, as reflected in the Birkie Mission Statement, to hosting one of the world’s best cross country ski events, the American Birkebeiner, maintaining one of the nation’s premier recreation trails, and promoting healthy lifestyles for people of all ages.
Attributes: This position is responsible for facets of fundraising, membership, outreach, sustainer programs, honor wall, and grant submissions. The DD must be self-motivated, outgoing, organized and structured. A passion for sport and a strong team player is critical.
- Create, oversee and execute ABSF fundraising initiatives and campaigns
- Create, oversee and execute ABSF membership programs and related components
- Create, oversee and execute Trail Friends and Birkie Honor Wall programs
- Build, grow and further develop ABSF endowment and planned giving programs
- Work with Executive Director to develop key organization messages for stakeholder audiences
- Research, complete and submit grants that offer alternative funding sources to Birkie capital projects
- Work with employment team on survey development and feedback mechanisms for foundation
- General Foundation duties including taking notes at all ABSF Board of Directors meetings, acting as the primary point of contact for all Foundation related questions and coordinating all aspects of ABSF Board annual elections
- Promote collaboration with other events and organizations, community stakeholders and foundations
- Work with staff on integration of Foundation into all aspects of ABSF activities, events and programs
- Data Management – Manage data of Foundation and fundraising audiences and messages
- Content Distribution – Develop, manage and operate innovative content for foundation members and fundraising outreach
- Work closely with Operations Team
Required Skills: The following skills are required for the position, with a strong, proven work background in all areas.
- Strong writing ability with a focus on message-oriented communications, including ability to both write and edit
- Strong public speaking ability
- Outreach and partnership building experience with a strong emphasis on audience and message management
- Self-sufficient, with ability to develop long-term strategies and manage projects to completion
- Business computer skills (Word, Excel, email, Web, etc.) with at least basic understanding of Web and graphic management applications (Basic HTML, WordPress, Photoshop, etc.)
- Background in use of Web as communications tool including understanding of social networking (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), media distribution (YouTube, etc.) and blogging
- Positive, upbeat presence with others, including both co-workers and outside contacts
Compensation: Position will be salaried (based on experience) with a health insurance reimbursement, retirement benefits and paid vacation/holiday days available.
Responsible to: The position reports directly to the Executive Director, but will have strong interaction with other team members.
This job description outlines the primary roles and responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
Interested candidates should direct cover letter, resume, list of three references and at least one work example to:
Or mail to:
Ben Popp, Executive Director
P.O. Box 911
Hayward, WI 54843
Complete applications are due by October 16, 2015, 4:00 p.m.
Complete job description (PDF version)