FasterSkier is seeking an intern to join our team for the 2017/2018 winter season (November-April). Essentially, we’re looking for an eager go-getter with an up-for-anything attitude and high level of interest in cross-country skiing.
This person will assist our staff with daily race reporting, especially on World Cup race days (cross-country, nordic combined and biathlon), as well as larger projects. Weekday schedule can be relatively flexible, but we expect our interns to assist with weekend race reporting on a regular basis, devoting several hours on Fridays, Saturdays and/or Sundays throughout the season to assignments like transcriptions, research, interviews, blogs, or photo galleries. Midweek assignments are part of an intern’s responsibility as well.
This position is part time and unpaid with potential for equipment perks and a larger role within our team.
- Must possess strong writing skills and well-developed communication skills, and the ability to work independently and self-manage daily tasks.
- Will assist with transcribing fellow reporters’ interviews verbatim, potentially interviewing athletes and coaches, researching and recapping race results, creating original content, and posting directly to the website and blogs (i.e. race summaries, photo galleries, press releases).
- Must be proficient with computers and social media, and have a basic understanding of WordPress, MailChimp, Instagram, and Facebook or an ability to learn quickly.
- Will be expected to check in with editor and other team members on a daily basis, mainly on Slack, a “cloud-based” team collaboration tool, but also by email and occasionally by phone.
- Must be open to doing behind-the-scenes work and work in a fast-paced team setting, with a goal of contributing to the team’s ultimate goals.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and writing sample.