The traditional Holmenkollen races of 30 km and 50 km at Oslo (NOR) will take place on Saturday, 17th March 2007. This year, the Holmenkollen will serve as the first trial for a pit stop in a World Cup race. The pit stop will occur in the stadium area, giving the racers an opportunity to change skis.
Here is some information on the procedure/rules:
- Each Pit Stop is min. 2 m wide — bigger nations have more pit stop boxes
- Not more than one service staff with waxing equipment is allowed to be in the pit stop — he can’t leave the pit area but he can hand over the skis to another service staff so that the skis can be re-prepared in the Waxing Cabin.
- For the ladies race: one additional pairs of skis can be used
- For the men’s race: two additional pairs of skis can be used
- Changing of skis is only allowed in the pit stop area in the stadium
- No electricity will be available in the pit stop