Training Period 2 (May 25 – June 21)
NEW IN THE PERIOD:
In Training Plans:
– Period 2 is similar to period 1. We increased distance training and added a level 4 effort approximately every week instead of every other week as in period 1.
In Video Extras:
– Dryland Drills – bungee work (Single Stick and Double Pole);
– Dryland Drills – classic kick;
– Over Distance – intensity levels;
– Cycling Series | Vision Quest Coaching and Robbie Ventura – Overuse Injury;
– Cycling Series | Vision Quest Coaching and Robbie Ventura – Core Strength;
– Cycling Series | Vision Quest Coaching and Robbie Ventura – Threshold Training;
– Coaches Corner Notes Series | Calculate Training Load, PDF download.
We have added a new learning resource “Dartfish Mediabook” (look for it in the extras tab)
– Dartfish Mediabook Series | Double Pole Technique Analysis – CXC Elite Team Athlete Brian Gregg
Central Cross Country Ski Association utilizes the Dartfish Video Analysis System to evaluate different aspects of cross country ski technique. CXC’s Elite and Junior Teams both make use of this motion analysis software to give visual feedback and pinpoint the areas that require improvement.