Media Intern Responsibilities
– Produce an EISA preview article to be released to skiing news agencies.
– Thorough Daily reports of alpine and cross country events at each of the carnivals including race winners, photography, and results.
– Produce an NCAA Championships preview story for the EISA to be released to skiing news outlets.
– Produce an NCAA Championships recap story for the EISA to be released to skiing news outlets.
– Remote coverage of the EISA
– Provide EISA member schools and sponsors with access to all photos.
– EISA will provide a stipend of $1500 for the season
– Intern also receives a weekly per diem in season of $120/day for 2.5days (weekend total of $300)
– Lift tickets and trail passes for each day of racing are provided by Carnival host institution.
Because nearly all the media content produced is for online use within the EISA and members schools websites the successful applicant will have strong writing as well as multimedia computer skills. Experience in Alpine or Cross-Country ski racing is preferred but not required. Your own photographic equipment is needed for this internship as well as web access.
To apply please mail or email a current resume, cover letter to:
Head Nordic Ski Coach
St. Lawrence University
Canton, NY 13617
Other materials that would strengthen an application include writing samples and photographs that would apply to this line of work.