The Bogus Basin Nordic Team (BBNT) in Boise, ID is the club program serving youth skiers age 6-19 in Idaho’s Treasure Valley. Currently, the team consists of around 10 high-school, 20 middle-school and up to 30 elementary aged skiers divided into 4 training groups. Boise has several times been selected as a Top Ten city to live, work and play. Boise has a nationally recognized outdoors community with a focus on whitewater and cycling but also a large Nordic and alpine skiing contingent with Bogus Basin ski area just 16 miles from downtown. There is an active and young population in town with several colleges and universities as well as a vibrant downtown. To learn more about BBNT please check out www.bogusbasinnordicteam.com.
BBNT is seeking to hire a Part-time Head Coach for the middle school Comp-Devo Team/Assistant Coach for the high school Comp Team. Position requires that you be available for practice 4-6 days week and assist in other aspects of running the team on a more flexible schedule. Additionally there are 5-6 overnight trips on the schedule that the assistant coach would be expected to take part in.
The position is part time 15-30 hours/week so candidates would be encouraged to have a second part time job or take classes at Boise State University if interested.
- Conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices for comp and Comp-Devo teams.
- Write and execute a training plan for the Comp-Devo team with assistance from BBNT Program Director.
- Safely drive vans to Bogus Basin and out of town trips.
- Work with and assist Rec Team or Comp Team coaches if schedules overlap.
- Work with and manage parent volunteers and assistant coaches who will assist you in practice and at races.
- Communicate with athletes and families by email, website, and phone information about schedule and upcoming events (Program Director will assist in these duties when applicable).
- Attend out of town races and overnight trips with the Comp-Devo team.
- Assist in hosting races at Bogus Basin.
- Assist in fundraisers and functions over the course of the season.
- Complete the USSA Level 100 coaches certification program paid for by BBNT.
Ideal candidates will be skiers with experience at the Junior National or Collegiate level with experience working with middle and high school students. Previous coaching experience is desired but not required.
Contract runs from June 1st 2012- April 1st 2013 but the start date is somewhat negotiable. The salary is $15,000 over 10 months plus a Bogus Basin Alpine and Nordic Season Pass.
Please contact Head Coach/Program Director Nick Crawford at email@example.com for any questions or more information
If interested in applying please submit the following to Nick Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume outlining skiing and life background
- Names, contact information and relation to you for 3 references (at least one ski related)
- Cover letter supplementing your resume highlighting why you want to coach junior skiing and what skills and experiences you have that make you an ideal candidate.
The position is open until filled but applications will begin being reviewed on May 5th, 2012.