Soldier Hollow is seeking to hire a full-time Head Coach to oversee its Competition Team. Team Soldier Hollow is a club program serving youth skiers in Midway & Heber Valley, Utah. Team Soldier Hollow is based out of the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Nordic Venue and consists of 3 different levels of youth programs from the entry level Youth Ski League, to Devo and Comp Teams.
The Head Coach position involves support to all Comp Team athletes, including making training plans, and running practices 4-6 days week. Additionally the position involves organizing and leading training camp trips in the summer/fall, as well as all Junior National qualifiers trips around the IMD USSA region.
- Conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices for the Comp Team (high school age athletes).
- Write and execute training plans for the Comp Team athletes.
- Communicate effectively with athletes and families by email, phone and via website regarding schedule and upcoming events.
- Overseeing and working in close coordination with Assistant Coach(es).
- Coordinating program activities with Program Manager, Devo Coach and ski school.
- Plan and attend out of town races and overnight trips with the Comp Team.
- Drive Soldier Hollow vehicles to/from training and races.
- Provide race support including waxing at races.
- Regularly promote program events/success via social media & local press.
- Maintain Team wax and equipment.
- Work with parent volunteers and assistant coaches who will assist in practices and at races.
- Assist with staff and volunteer trainings and clinics.
- Assist in hosting events at Soldier Hollow year-round, and working as part of the professional staff in other supportive roles.
- Assist in Team Soldier Hollow fundraisers over the course of the season.
Ideal candidate will have junior & collegiate (or better) ski racing experience. Previous coaching experience is desired but not required. Youth biathlon experience is not required, but may enhance your application. USSA coaches license & Level 100 coaches certification is required before the start of the ski season.
Compensation and/or benefits are dependent on the candidate and their qualifications.
Please contact Soldier Hollow Executive Director, Richard Hodges to submit your resume and references or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Kochon (email@example.com) is the former managing editor at FasterSkier. She spent seven years with FS from 2011-2018, and has been writing, editing, and skiing ever since. She's making a cameo in 2020.