The US Biathlon Association is once again hosting its annual Talent ID Camp, set for June 17-21, in Lake Placid, N.Y. See complete details and link to application below:
US Biathlon Talent Identification Camp
Olympic Training Center
Lake Placid, New York
Arrival: June 17th – camp starts on Monday June 18th at 8:00 AM
Departure: June 21st – camp ends June 21st at 11:00 AM
US Biathlon is looking for talented endurance athletes who are interested in becoming world-class competitors. The talent identification camp will help us evaluate your stage in this journey.
- Physical tests, for example: uphill run
- Roller ski technique training with World Championship Medalist: Lowell Bailey, Susan Dunklee, Tim Burke, and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel Burke
- Shooting drills and precision test
- Question and answer sessions with World Championship Medalist: Lowell Bailey, Susan Dunklee, Tim Burke, and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel Burke
- Final running Biathlon competition running at the Olympic Biathlon venue Mt van Hoevenberg
- Gear for indoor and outdoor sport
- Gym shoes
- Running shoes
- Roller skis, ski boots, poles
- Writing material
Invitations: will go out latest by May 15th
Travel: Applicants are responsible for their own travel. Those arriving by air should plan to arrive in Albany, NY.
Housing & Meals: The camp will take place at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. Meals and lodging will be provided there free of charge.