The ASC Training Center is a non-profit winter sports training facility located on Donner Summit, CA. We are one of the few combined Alpine Ski, Biathlon, Nordic Ski, and Snowboard facilities in the country, and operate a public cross country ski center with 25km of trails.
POSITION: Junior Nordic Ski Coach
REPORTS TO: Nordic Program Director
START DATE: November 1, 2019
Seeking a full-time, career track Nordic coach for the 2019-2020 season. This is an 11 month, at-will employee position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Effectively organize and communicate information and programming to athletes and their parents.
- Participate in the operations of the Training Center which can include secondary duties outside the assigned department, such as: daily operations, xc lessons and rentals, public relations, administration, recruitment efforts, supporting training center events, winter and summer maintenance, facility improvements, etc.
- Assist with and participate in other job duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Training Center operations and maintenance work may fill in shortages in Nordic program duties. Additional operations and maintenance hours worked will be compensated at your normal hourly rate.
- Extensive proven technical knowledge and passion for Nordic racing.
- Proven ability to positively inspire athletes of all ages and skill levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be productive when unsupervised.
- Ability to ski and work safely in all snow surface conditions and terrain in harsh winter weather for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform tasks that may require lifting up to 50lbs on and off skis.
- Proven organization, communication and writing skills.
- Computer competency – word processing, spreadsheets and data entry, email and internet.
- Completion of a background screening and SafeSport training.
Please submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org