Casper Mountain Biathlon Club – Nordic Coach
Casper Mountain Biathlon Club seeking a dedicated Nordic Coach to lead, motivate, educate and provide direction to athletes/ members of the CMBC Biathlon & Nordic program and assist the President/Head Coach in all facets of the Program, including Biathlon PE/Nordic Rocks Programs, Masters Programs, U8 – U16 racing programs, and Adaptive Programs.
Job Qualifications: Practical knowledge of current cross-country techniques and training methods. Nordic coach must have proficiency with wax selection and application, an aptitude for equipment repair and selection, and a working knowledge of video equipment. In addition to coaching duties, the coach will be expected to perform various team management duties which requires some basic computer skills, good communication skills and some office work experience. Current USSA coaching license and USBA membership. Biathlon experience not required.
- Contribute to a positive and motivating environment to foster a lifelong love for the sport of cross country skiing and biathlon.
- Works to support the vision, mission and philosophy of CMBC
- Instruct athletes racing in Year round and Winter U8 to U20 racing program
- Instruct beginner athletes in Biathlon PE/Nordic Rocks program
- Travel with selected CMBC teams
- Help design schedules and training programs
- Instruct Master skiers in CMBC program
- Assist Director with organization and execution of CMBC races
- Supports staff and racers at local races
- Attend various staff/program meetings
- Help recruit athletes from feeder programs to CMBC Winter Alpha/Bravo or Year Round Athlete programs
- Conduct team meetings, communicate via text, phone and email to athletes and parents regarding training plans/schedules
- Conduct Athlete Performance testing
- Help plan and facilitate Youth Nordic Ski Festival
- Help develop program information and promotional materials.
- Assist Admin by updating website calendar and social media with program related schedules and information.
- Venue maintenance duties as needed such as shoveling, organizing facilities, equipment etc. Work with President on grooming plan.
- Drive team van for daily practice and race/camp travel
- Assist with CMBC fundraising and outreach events
- Help to maintain the integrity of the CMBC Nordic/Biathlon as well as all other programs and activities of CMBC
- 3 or more years of coaching experience preferred
- Biathlon experience a plus
- Driver’s license – clean record
- CPR/First Aid
- Minimum Level 1 US Ski and Snowboard Cross Country Certification
Position: Part Time 10-30 hours per week.