The Craftsbury Outdoor Center is seeking an experienced instructor/shop employee to work in the Nordic Center for the 2018-2019 winter season. The position, which starts in mid-November and runs through the end of March, is scheduled for 30-40 hours per week and requires availability on weekends.
Qualified candidates must:
– have teaching experience in both skate and classic techniques
– be capable of successfully instructing intermediate to advanced Nordic skiers
– work well as a team member in a fast-paced shop that caters to diverse needs
– be highly familiar with current Nordic equipment and its maintenance
– have great customer service skills
– have excellent communication skills
– be able to maintain good cheer in all weather conditions
The ideal candidate will also:
– have experience Nordic ski racing
– have a love for Nordic skiing and an eagerness to share it
– possess a desire to be a life-long student of the sport
This job presents a wonderful opportunity for an experienced skier/instructor who loves the outdoors and wants to join a supportive staff and community New England’s premier Nordic Center.
Pay commensurate with experience. All Outdoor Center employees receive a meal with each shift and free access to the trails and gym. Applicants should email a resume and short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
As always, keep your eyes on our Jobs section for the latest info on how to become a Center employee.