Online registration will be open until midnight on Wednesday, March 7. Last-minute registration will also be available at the Calumet High School from 4-8:30 p.m. the day before the race. Registration will not be accepted on race day. Save money by registering before prices increase on March 5th.
To register now, visit http://www.greatbearchase.com/registration/.
2018 Great Bear Chase Race Details
Before you hang up your skis for the season, consider joining over 700 skiers by participating in one of the last ski events of the year. The Great Bear Chase has earned a reputation as a laid-back, skier-orientated weekend that allows skiers of all experience levels to finish their season with a high-quality event. Some highlights of this year’s race include:
- The 2018 Great Bear Chase will feature seven races: 50 km Skiathlon, freestyle and classic 50 km, 25 km and 10 km races.
- Return of the 50 km Skiathlon – the 50km Skiathlon features a combined competition of 25 km of classic skiing followed by 25 km of freestyle skiing. The Great Bear Chase 50km Skiathlon is part of the CXC Marathon Cup.
- Handcrafted awards – a tremendous amount of time and effort has gone into the creation of numerous race awards. Over 100 wood carved skis will be given to 1st place finishers in all age groups. Unique copper awards will be given to overall male and female winners of each race in addition to other top finishers in the 50K Freestyle. To see a detailed breakdown of the age groups visit our race guide at http://www.greatbearchase.com/race-guide/.
- Swix hats – all participants will receive a cool 2018 Great Bear Chase Swix hat.
- Bib pick-up is at the Calumet High School, 4-8:30 p.m. on Friday, March 9, and 6-8:30 am on
Saturday, March 10. You can find details, maps, and other information in the race guide at http://www.greatbearchase.com/race-guide/
We hope to see you at the 38th annual Great Bear Chase on Saturday, March 10th, 2018!