Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Work with Head Comp Team Coach to ensure consistency in training philosophy and smooth transition for athletes through the Team SoHo development pipeline.
- Create yearly training plan framework for Devo/Devo+ teams that takes into account age-appropriate activities
- Plan and implement training sessions for Devo and Devo+ teams (10-14yo) that focus on daily, weekly, and seasonal goals that, among other things, highlight fun, active, outdoor Nordic development, taking into account the physical and psychological wellbeing of athletes, technical progressions, and equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to manage assistant coaches and help them understand the Team SoHo and Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation philosophy and implement training consistently.
- Meet regularly with Program Manager to debrief events, discuss training plan/preparation, needs, athlete wellness and upcoming events.
- Assist as needed with Kickers and Gliders winter program to implement a plan consistent with the Team Soldier Hollow training philosophy.
- Help with marketing and outreach for Team Soldier Hollow programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Coaching experience required; must enjoy working with kids
- US Ski and Snowboard Level 100 preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule – some holidays, evenings and weekends required
- Valid driver’s license required
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures/weather extremes
- Ability to classic and skate ski
- General physical fitness – must be able to train and keep up with athletes
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment – Safe Sport Training
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Customer service
- Company Cell phone policy
- Specific training for instructing classic and skate ski techniques
- First Aid/CPR certification (if not already certified)