FasterSkier is seeking an intern to join our team for the 2018/2019 ski season (November-April).
The intern’s predominant role will be assisting our staff with international and domestic race reports. Coverage includes cross-country (World Cup and SuperTour/NorAm), biathlon, and nordic combined events.
As most races take place on the weekend, interns will frequently be asked to assist FasterSkier staff on Saturdays and Sundays. Weekdays remain flexible. Race coverage primarily requires help with interview transcription.
We will provide opportunities for motivated interns to take on projects like research, interviews, blogs, photo galleries, and digital media editing.
This position is part-time and unpaid with the potential for a larger role within our team.
- Strong writing skills and well-developed communication skills
- The ability to work independently and self-manage assigned tasks
- Proficiency with computers and Google Docs
- Ability to research race results, synthesize into original content and post directly to the website or blogs (i.e. race summaries, photo galleries, press releases)
- Ability to work in a time sensitive manner
- Assist with transcribing FS interviews verbatim
- Occasional phone interviews with athletes and coaches
- Collaborate with FS editor and FS team via Slack, email, and phone
It is important to note that this position requires a committed, reliable individual, as most work is time sensitive.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and writing sample.