Position: Assistant Cross-Country Coach
The New York Ski Educational Foundation (NYSEF) mission is to provide opportunities for athletes of all ages to reach their potential in snow sports – alpine skiing, freestyle skiing, snowboarding, ski jumping, cross country skiing, Nordic combined, and biathlon– through professional guidance and financial support.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the day to day operations of the NYSEF Cross-Country Ski Program. The position works closely with the Head Cross-Country Coach to organize and develop current NYSEF athletes to reach their potential. The position primarily works with Junior athletes ages 14 -20. Other responsibilities include:
- Analyze technique through one on one coaching, during practice and on race day.
- Lead XC training sessions when Head coach is with Biathlon
- Identify prospective athletes through a recruiting structure;
- Understanding of on-site waxing (with race waxing experience);
- Working with the NYSEF youth program athletes at times (ages 14 and under);
- Assist Head Coach with all season training plans and help plan and run regular team training sessions;
- Help with NYSEF fundraising and volunteer events; and
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working environment with the NYSEF organization including administrative staff and other coaching staff across snowsports.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Some coaching experience;
- Biathlon experience a plus;
- Collegiate racing experience preferred; and
- Valid driver’s license.
How to apply
- A current resume; and
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
This is a full year, salaried (with benefits) position. Please submit application materials to Head Cross-Country Ski Coach, Shane MacDowell at email@example.com.