The Winter Park Competition Center is currently seeking a motivated and qualified candidate for the Nordic Program Director position in Winter Park, Colorado. The Competition Center is a USSA Gold-Certified Club and a member of Rocky Mountain Nordic. The Competition Center is fully integrated with the Winter Park Resort. The Competition Center has nearly every ski and snowboard discipline. The Nordic Program was established/revived in 2016.
As one of the newest clubs in Colorado, the Competition Center Nordic Program has tremendous potential for growth as we have two world class training venues in the area, an invested Nordic community, a partnership with the local schools, and unprecedented support from Winter Park Resort and Alterra Mountain Company. The Competition Center has a full-time sport psychologist on staff, work consistently with PTs, strength trainers, and nutritionists to provide athletes with the best resources possible.
The Competition Center offers pipeline programs for all ages and abilities, with the primary focus on fun and development to instill a life-long love for the sport. The three programs currently offered are the Saturday Program (Ages 8-19), Weekend Program (Ages 8-19), and Fulltime Program (U16+). Our Fulltime Program functions in conjunction with the local high school and athletes have an abridged schedule allowing them to be released from school at 12pm Tuesday-Thursday. All local students in Grand County do not have school on Friday as well, all which allows abundant time to train.
More information on various programs: https://www.winterparkresort.com/things-to-do/competition-center/programs#filters=types:Nordic
The Nordic Program Director oversees and manages all Nordic programs: Fulltime Academy, Weekend Program, and Saturday Program. The Nordic Program Director will work with the Competition Center and community to continue the growth of the programs as well as Nordic skiing in the community.
- Head coach of Full Time Academy Program, and overseeing all associated work with Weekend Program, and Saturday Program
- Oversee all program functions including staffing, hiring, athlete recruiting, budgeting, administrative planning
- Manage the full-time academy program, including racer competition plans, travel plans, conditioning, and goal setting for athletes
- Design and implement customized yearly training plans for athletes as well as develop an Annual Training Plan for programs
- Establish vendor relationships to provide accessible equipment for team
- Work closely with the community and Nordic ski areas to promote Nordic skiing in the valley
- Assist with events and projects associated with Competition Center and work directly with each discipline and associated director
- Coordinate team travel to all RMN competitions and other local, regional, and national competitions as applicable
- Attend all RMN races and assist with all ski and wax prep necessary
- Plan summer and fall on-snow and conditioning camps
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (in conjunction with advanced USSA certification) – required
- College education in sports physiology or exercise science or equivalent – desirable
- Experience as competitor and/or coach at USSA level- preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year managerial, supervisory, or administrative experience in a ski/snowboard program
- USSA Level 100 or above, or PSIA and USSA 100 or equivalent (must be able to demonstrate proficiency at USSA Level 100 certification or above) – required
- USSA Level 200 – desirable
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and a clean motor vehicle record – required
- Extensive knowledge of Nordic technique, wax, and equipment
- Able to conduct dryland training sessions on roller skis, running, biking, lifting, etc. and cross-country ski six days a week in the winter
- Possesses strong leadership and communication skills in order to develop successful coaches/athletes and coach/coach mentoring relationships
Required: all Rocky Mountain Nordic Races, National events as applicable, and all on-snow and off-snow training camps
If interested, please contact Jessica Jortberg at email@example.com