Canadian Reporter Internship
Over the past couple of years, FasterSkier has worked hard to increase both the quality and scope of Canadian coverage offered. However, instead of resting on our laurels, we are dedicated to continued improvement and are striving to serve the Canadian ski community more effectively.
As a result, FasterSkier is looking for a Canadian intern to assist with coverage of daily ski news, and competition events during the fall and winter. Hours are flexible, but the successful intern must be able to work a significant number of weekends during the winter. Some opportunities for travel to elite-level competition may exist.
– Strong knowledge of elite Canadian ski racing, and a passion for the sport.
– Interest in professional journalism.
– Strong writing skills.
– Well-developed communication skills, while still being able to work well independently and to self-manage daily tasks.
Additional Valuable Assets:
– Current Canadian resident, background in competitive skiing.
– Digital media skills (audio, video, photo), or the willingness to quickly learn such skills.
– Previous writing experience, be it local newspaper, college level, or personal blogging
– Bilingual in both spoken and written French and English
This internship position is part-time with more hours in the winter. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, but please be aware that FasterSkier will accept serious inquiries only.
For more information and an application, please send a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.