Our main focus in boot development has always been to bring new technology and material offerings to the sport of XC skiing; to be able to deliver high tech race and touring products with high comfort and stability values that can be used in various conditions.
- MemBrain® fabric balances the best performance in waterproof, breathable fabric with excellent durability.
- MemBrain® reduces internal condensation while increasing comfort by reducing the chilling effect caused by condensation build-up.
- When used with insulated garments, MemBrain® protects the insulation from harsh weather conditions to make sure that your feet stay warm and dry.
We who work at Madshus believe in winters to come, and therefore we try to do what we can to contribute to snowfall around the world.
We realize that our Nordic Ski boots will never bey 100% sustainable, but we believe that by using high performing sustainable materials, we can make a difference and help create a cleaner planet for our children.
Here is what Madshus has done in our boot line to reduce our carbon boot print:
- Created sustainable Leather BC line
- Maximized the use of recycled PET in Nordic touring boots
- Utilized recycled PET Mesh’s for the Liners
- Built uppers around a recycled lasting board
- Reduced overall waste with Eco Packaging
Audrey Mangan (@audreymangan) is an Associate Editor at FasterSkier and lives in Colorado. She learned to love skiing at home in Western New York.