FasterSkier.com is seeking energetic and committed interns to contribute to its daily online publication. This is a great opportunity for aspiring journalists and those passionate about cross-country skiing to dive right into topics involving all aspects of the sport. Interns will work on meaningful projects, interview top athletes and officials, and potentially travel.
The ideal candidate would be able to start immediately and work through the summer, pitching ideas and collaborating on assignments with editors. Position is part time with a small stipend and equipment perks. Promising interns could be promoted to staff status and possibly assigned trips this winter.
Prospective interns should be highly motivated, strong writers and diligent reporters. Editors will expect several articles per week, encouraging interns to contribute “quick content” as needed. The offseason (spring, summer and fall) will be viewed as a training period, and prospective part-timers should be able work on weekends during the season.
- Commit at least 10 hours per week
- Brainstorm, pitch and start working on noteworthy stories
- Stay current on nordic news, especially internationally, and post to FS blogs accordingly
- Produce content in timely manner (i.e. race reports, breaking news)
- Conduct several interviews per week, mostly via phone or Skype
- Contribute at least three original stories per week
- Join weekly conference call
- Be available to assist editors, reporters as needed
- Cover events, interview subjects in person when possible
- Proofread own stories as well as others’ content
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Alex Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org.