The Leavenworth Winter Sports Club in Leavenworth, Wash., is seeking a Head Coach/Program Director to work with its Nordic Program, serving kindergarten through high school age skiers and competitive racers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Club with very successful programs and develop a comprehensive Nordic Program for all ages.
This is a seasonal salaried position (December through March) that requires availability for weekly practice and perform other aspects of running the team including travel to scheduled races and camps. The position is seasonal part-time (June -November) as off-season training programs are developed.
- Energetic and highly self-motivated
- Collegiate or national level racing and/or coaching experience
- Planning, budgeting and organizing skills
- Team leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Guide and develop the overall LWSC Nordic Program structure and vision
- Athlete education and coaching, with an emphasis on fitness, technique and skill development
- Supervise and conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices and activities for each age group.
- Plan, develop, and implement training plans and practice sessions for high school age skiers
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
- Nurture and develop athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Analyze and evaluate athlete’s performances and modify training programs
- Maintain scheduling with different age group practices
- Work with and manage assistant coaches and parent volunteers conducting practices, waxing, events, races, and carpooling.
- Communicate with athletes and families by email, website, and social media about schedules and upcoming events (LWSC staff will assist in these duties when applicable).
- Attend races with the team. Coordinate waxing (both classic and skate) and wax testing while at races.
- Assist in fundraisers and functions over the course of the year.