MANSFIELD NORDIC CLUB DEVELOPMENT TEAM COACHING POSITION
Mansfield Nordic Club seeks to hire a Junior Team Development coach to lead our top youth skiers toward higher level skiing on our Junior Competition team. Our new coach will be a high-energy skier with strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills. The position is for approximately 15-20 hours per week, November 2014-March 2015. There is likely potential for this position to lead into the Head Coach for our Junior Competition Team in May 2015.
Our new coach will have primary responsibilities for:
- Coaching our Development Team with 10-12 fast, motivated skiers, age 12-16, who strive to make the MNC Competition Team. Several of these skiers are among the top in New England and ready for specialized technique and race coaching.
- Provide motivation, technique development and race savvy in a fun and energetic environment.
- Create a passion & joy for skiing with determination & toughness to be the best skier they can be.
- Collaborate closely with BKL and Competition Team head coaches to bridge athletes from the BKL youth program to the Junior Competition Team
- Expand the number of female athletes transitioning from BKL to Junior Team
- Provide race support at 8 NENSA Eastern Cup races and at 3-4 BKL races
- Design individualized training programs for each athlete with long & short range goal setting
- Lead and train a parent volunteer wax team
- Actively communicate and coordinate with parents and with school ski team coaches
Mansfield Nordic Club is one of the largest and most diverse Nordic ski clubs in New England with programs for 200+ skiers age 7-70.
Our home training facility is the Ethan Allen Biathlon Range in Jericho, Vermont with snowmaking, lights, piston bully grooming, challenging competition level trails, stadium, full biathlon range, large lodge and 5km paved roller ski system. We also train at numerous facilities including Trapp Family Lodge and Craftsbury Outdoor Center. Our members range from recreational fitness skiers to top competitive skiers.
Our youth, junior, collegiate and masters skiers have been on the podium at the New England BKL Festival, Junior Nationals, NCAA competitions and Masters National and World championships. We provide programs for Bill Koch League recreation skiers, Bill Koch League Race Team, Junior Development Team, Junior Competition Team and Masters fitness and Masters competitive groups.
In addition to our winter skiing programs, we host a summer training program for junior skiers, a fall training program and a Thanksgiving Camp with former Olympic skier Garrott Kuzzy.
For more specific details on this position, email: email@example.com.