The US Biathlon Team Coaching Internship
June through October 2016
Lake Placid, New York
The US Biathlon Team Coaching Internship is ideal for nordic skiers and biathletes considering becoming a coach. The intern will work with the US Biathlon National Team athletes on a daily basis and live at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, N.Y., where meals and lodging are provided at no cost. The internship begins in early June and continues through October.
Support the training of the US Biathlon Team at their high performance center, the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. The intern will work daily with the coaching staff and the athletes to provide excellent training conditions for the athletes. Duties will include planning and set up for training, timing, heart rate, and lactate measurements as well as timing and scoring of shooting sessions. The US Biathlon Team is coached by some of the worlds leading endurance sport coaches and the internship offers a great view into high performance endurance sport. The internship may include some travel with the team to a training camp in the fall.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning the details of the training implementation with coaching staff
- Training setup and logistics
- Timing of training activities and timing/scoring of shooting performance
- Video training activities for analysis
- Assist with lactate measurement and other testing as needed
- Presentation of training data for coaches and athletes
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Nordic skiing competition experience
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to work outdoors to support training in various weather conditions
- Enjoys helping athletes & coaches achieve their goals
- Valid drivers license
- Standard Office Equipment
- Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- Proficiency with internet search capabilities and usage telecommunications equipment, fax machine, copier
- Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
- Much of the work will be done outdoors
Applications Due May 15. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Bernd Eisenbichler, US Biathlon Chief of Sport. firstname.lastname@example.org