St. Paul Academy and Summit School is seeking applicants for the position of Head Nordic Skiing Coach for the winter season.
Currently the Nordic program has 45 skiers ranging from enthusiastic beginners to elite competitors, supported by assistant coaches and parent volunteers. It includes boys and girls varsity, JV, and middle school teams. Varsity practices run 3:20 to 5:30 M-F typically with additional Saturday morning practices. The successful head coach will have a strong Nordic skiing background; an ability to lead, teach, delegate, and communicate; and enthusiasm for young people and the sport. The team competes in the IMAC conference and practices at various East Metro and Metro locations. The varsity typically holds a late December training camp and competes in the Mesabi East, Section, and State Meets. The season runs from early November through mid-February.
- Ability to communicate with Middle and High School aged boys and girls as well as parents and Athletic Department Administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nordic Skiing
- Coaching and/or racing experience preferred
- Experience/familiarity with IMAC and MSHSL rules and commitment to youth sports preferred
- Willingness and ability to communicate with Athletic Department staff and fellow coaches
- Must meet all the MSHSL coaching requirements and a CPR/AED Certification strongly preferred
Application is found on the school’s employment website at http://www.spa.edu/page. cfm?p=552.