NENSA Seeks Paid Intern for Seasonal Work
Assisting our Non-Profit Cross Country Ski Organization
This is a seasonal position requiring part-time hours December through May/June. Travel within New England, and regular weekend work for NENSA Eastern Cup and Championship Events is required during these months. This position includes flexible time during the peak season, and may work remotely part of the time, with staff mentoring.
- Attend all Eastern Cup weekends, the Bill Koch Youth Ski League Festival, U16 Championships, and Eastern High School Championships.
- At events, this person is responsible for site set up, including NENSA banners, NENSA sponsorship banners and NENSA tents.
- Transport and deliver clean and sorted bibs to Race Organizers, then collect, clean and sort bibs for next Championship event.
- Help with registration and day of race registrations, results and postings.
- Post event write ups, press releases, pictures and race reports.
- Help manage the Virtual Team Captain Meeting page prior to event, and throughout the race weekend.
- Assist High Performance Director with logistics, data gathering and management, and coordinating athletes for the Junior Nationals Trip.
- Assist High Performance Director with logistics, planning, data management, staff and athletes for the U16 & U18/U20 REG summer camps.
- Help manage the Development and Elite Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven written, electronic, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working on a using a variety of computer applications, campaign marketing, social media, digital media sharing, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook, Google Team Collaboration, as well as fb and Instagram.
- Ability to work/communicate independently and effectively from a remote location
- Familiarity with the New England cross country skiing community
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and team collaboration skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Valid drivers license
- Have access to a vehicle capable of carrying 6 bins of bibs, banners, etc.
- Passion for sport of cross country skiing and supporting the NENSA mission
- Washing and sorting Bibs
- Hanging banners and setting up NENSA Tents as needed
- Event work
- Work will often be done outdoors, in varying and winter weather conditions