The Bush School is dedicated to inspiring curiosity, motivating employees to take risks, encouraging compassion and kindness and valuing different perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees enjoy an environment that inspires creativity and being part of a collaborative community.
Varsity Cross Country Skiing Head Coach
The Varsity Cross Country Skiing Head Coach is responsible for overseeing and developing all aspects of The Bush School’s Cross Country Skiing Program. The main responsibilities include practice planning and implementation, scheduling of practices and race calendar, race coverage, team communications, overseeing inventory of sport specific gear/uniforms, and driving team to practices/competitions. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience as a head coach and must possess excellent communication skills.
A qualified candidate will be able to manage the key responsibilities and tasks as listed below:
- Provide positive, safe, healthy, challenging and supportive experience for participants
- Identify, develop, and apply age and developmentally appropriate coaching methods
- Develop and implement daily practice plans and routines
- Plan practice and race schedules, and logistics for overnight trips
- Communicate team and program related information to coaches, athletes and parents effectively and in timely manner
- Communicate with athletic department staff effectively and in timely manner
- Attend meetings and trainings scheduled by the Athletic Director
- Comply with all school, state association, and league policies and regulations
Successful candidates will have:
- Expert knowledge of given sport
- Experience in interscholastic, club and/or collegiate coaching
- Coaching certification preferred
- Capacity and desire to seek out and participate in professional development
- Ability and willingness to be a team player
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean driving record and willingness to transport students in school provided vehicles
- Ability to work and connect with people
- Enthusiasm to contribute, grow, and develop as a member of the Blazers Athletic Department Team
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Competitive coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during each season. Additional benefits include access to professional development funds and Bush Blazers athletic apparel.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in working at The Bush School, but this position doesn’t fit your talents, please visit our website for additional openings. www.bush.edu
All applications are appreciated and reviewed, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For a complete job description, requirements and process for applying please go to www.bush.edu and search under ‘employment’. No Phone Calls will be accepted.
The Bush School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Bush School does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admission or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, or genetic information. In addition, The Bush School does not discriminate in matters of employment based on the basis of age or marital status.