Job Title: Nordic Program Director & Head Comp Team Coach
Reports to and works with: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, June 1 to April 30th
Glacier Nordic Club (GNC) is based out of Whitefish, Montana. Named one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World” by National Geographic, Whitefish is located on the shores of Whitefish Lake and at the base of Big Mountain-home to Whitefish Mountain Resort. A short jaunt to Glacier National Park, Whitefish is a year-round outdoor destination. Glacier Nordic Club operations include rentals and lessons at the Glacier Nordic Center, winter grooming at multiple locations, and education for ages 4-18 plus adults through the Glacier Nordic Ski Team (GNST). In the 2021-2022 season, GNC youth enrollment in GNST programs exceeded 250 kids.
Summary: This individual will oversee operations of the GNST Nordic programs and will be the Head Coach of the Comp Team. GNST Programs include Chet Hope Youth Ski League (ages 4-10), Junior Jets Program (ages 8-11), Prep Team (ages 11-13), Comp Team (14-18).
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Background:
- Passion around mission of GNC and GNST
- Hold and maintain a USSA Coach Certification
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong managerial, administrative, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Proven ability to plan, facilitate, and adapt in your work structure
- Comprehensive knowledge in Nordic waxing and equipment
- Comprehensive knowledge in Nordic training and technique
- Computer competency in Word, Excel, and ability to learn Constant Contact, WordPress.
- Maintain a drug, tobacco and alcohol free environment.
- Completion of background screening and Safesport
- Preferred past Nordic race experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the GNST Comp Team. This includes but is not limited to training plan preparation, leading organized practices, race schedule planning and travel logistics, uniform management, lead wax tech, and weekly communication with athletes.
- Managing organization of and assisting with hire for Chet Hope, Jets, Prep and Masters coaches, volunteers, and assistant coach.
- Organize summer training for Comp and Prep, including occasional training camps.
- With direction from management, assist with adult clinics and programs.
- Treat all staff and community members with respect and foster a positive environment.
- Train, manage and evaluate youth program coaches in coordination with Lead Coaches. Run end of season evaluations and wrap up meetings with all GNST coaches.
- Lead process of GNST rentals, including planning, distributing, tracking, inventory and reorder.
- Support in the planning, management, and execution events and local races.
- Communicate at least weekly via email with parents and athletes about upcoming events and training.
- Administrative record keeping, department payroll, employee tracking and scheduling. Track expenditures and work within budget.
- Manage online registration for all programs, setting up registration forms, confirming payment, communicating with registrants and coaches as needed and keeping rosters up to date.
- Management of wax inventory for Comp and Prep, and wax room upkeep.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, IMD meetings, clinics, certifications, continuing education opportunities, etc.
- Enforce safety and health rules. With ED, co-lead safety and protocol meetings for employees.
- Care for the team van, that must only be used for team related training and events. This includes tracking and scheduling for maintenance and general upkeep.
- Role requires physical ability to lift up to 50lbs, as well as withstand seasonal elements including snow, wind, and extreme cold.
Email email@example.com to apply.