Bridger Ski Foundation (BSF) in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking a Post Grad (PG) and Comp Team Coach, beginning August 15th, 2023.The PG team for 2023-2024 consists of athletes taking a post-high school gap year or enrolled in MSU classes while training to take their skiing to the next level.
The PG coach is the primary coach for this group, coordinating daily practices, writing the training plan, planning for races and camps, race and wax support at races. This group trains as their own team some of the time, with the BSF Pro Team some of the time, and with the junior team some of the time, to give a sense of cohesion and the opportunity to be pushed by the pro athletes and be role models to the younger athletes. The PG coach coordinates training schedules with the Pro (Andrew Newell) and junior (Andrew Morehouse) coaches accordingly.
In addition to working with the PG group, the PG coach is expected to attend weekly practices with the Comp Team in the fall and winter. These practices are Tuesday – Thursday afternoons, with combined weekend practices on Saturday/Sunday.
PG practices are Tuesday -Thursday and Saturday-Sunday at 8am, and Wednesday and Saturday at 2:30pm (strength). The Comp Team practices are Tuesday – Thursday from 4 – 6 pm and Saturday/Sunday from 8 – 10 am.
The PG team will have a training camp over Thanksgiving in West Yellowstone, travel to US Nationals, and attend a mix of regional JNQs and SuperTours.
Essential Skills and Preferred Experience:
- Commitment to BSF Mission, Vision, Values
- Positive, team-oriented, self-motivated work ethic
- Experience racing at the collegiate level
- Comfortable driving a full sprinter van in winter conditions
- Able to lead practice sessions solo and in coordination with other coaches
- USSS L100 Coaching Certification
- Some waxing experience
Time Commitment/Benefits Package:
- August 15, 2023 – April 15, 2024 with the possibility of extending to year-round after that.
- Compensation $2800-$3500 per month DOE
- Eligible for health care package and 401k upon meeting BSF work requirements
- Reduced rate Bridger Bowl season’s pass
- Crosscut Mountain Sports Center season pass
- First Aid/CPR training
- USSS Coaches License and L200
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to:
Andrew Morehouse, BSF Nordic Program Director
BSF is an equal opportunity employer
Bridger Ski Foundation (BSF) is a nonprofit community ski organization based in Bozeman, Montana. We provide and fund educational and competitive programs for all ages, in Nordic, Alpine, and Freestyle/Freeskiing. We also groom an incredible network of community Nordic ski trails for the public in Bozeman.
Our programs and trails are open to everyone, and we strive to keep skiing affordable through fundraising, scholarships, financial aid, open trail access, and equipment assistance. In 2015, BSF became a Gold Certified Club, the highest recognition given by U.S. Ski & Snowboard; in 2019, it once again earned that designation through the recertification process.
Inspiring a lifelong love of skiing, athletic excellence, and personal growth. Our goal is to create opportunities through educational and competitive programs in Alpine, Freestyle, Freeskiing, Snowboarding and Nordic skiing and to groom cross-country ski trails in the Bozeman community.
To be a world class community ski program.
- Maximize Athlete Potential: We provide programs that assist each participant in reaching his/her potential.
- Quality Programs: We provide environments that are fun and enriching. • High Caliber Staff: We attract, retain and develop directors, coaches, and staff of the highest caliber, both personally and professionally. We provide ongoing training and learning opportunities for them.
- Affordability: We are committed to affordable and accessible introductory programs and seek community support and scholarships to help athletes as they move up the pipeline. • Academics: We build relationships with the school system and work with participants so they can excel in their sport and school.
- Safe Sport: We protect every athlete’s emotional and physical safety.
- Volunteers: We cultivate and grow positive relationships with BSF volunteers. • Community Relations: We promote positive, productive relationships with the local community, community partners, and supporters of BSF.
- Culture & Sportsmanship: We expect all athletes, parents, coaches, volunteers, and employees to exhibit exceptional sportsmanship and contribute to the BSF culture and the broader community.