UPDATED: April 6, 2018
The Auburn Ski Club Training Center (ASCTC) is seeking to fill the position of Biathlon Program Director. ASCTC is a non-profit organization located in California on Donner Summit and is dedicated to providing competitive programs for Alpine, Snowboard, Nordic and Biathlon athletes from across the region. ASCTC also operates a 25km Nordic Center open to the public.
The Biathlon Program director/head coach (Biathlon PD) oversees and manages the Biathlon program at the Training Center. The program is described at www.auburnskiclub.com/asctc/ biathlon.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, coach and execute a year-round biathlon program that currently consists of an mid-October to mid-April winter session and a summer/fall session from mid-June through mid-September. Program includes 50 athletes, 3-4 training days a week, hosting competitions (USBA and citizen), clinics, camps and travel to competitions.
- Establish seasonal and long term program goals and technical progressions that strive to provide each athlete, from entry to elite levels, an opportunity to reach their fullest potential and enjoy a life-long passion for winter sports. Develop recruitment strategies, manage program participant communication, website content, social media and printed publications.
- Hire and train paid coaching staff, volunteer coaches and race crew to meet the needs of the program and athletes. Develop and implement risk management and safety protocols for range, athlete safety and coaching staff.
- Create an annual Biathlon program budget in coordination with the Executive Director and Accounting Manager. Work as a team with the Race Director and Nordic Director to plan and produce up to four existing off-season fundraising events.
- Maintain biathlon equipment, schedule and manage use of the range in coordination with the overall Training Center operation.
- As a key member of the ASCTC management team, participate in the operation of the Training Center.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Extensive technical knowledge and passion for Biathlon and XC racing.
- Proven ability to positively inspire athletes of all ages and skill levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be productive when unsupervised.
- Proven organization, communication, computer and writing skills
- Submission of a motor vehicle record acceptable to ASC insurance.
- Completion of background screening.
Position is 11-months, full-time. Compensation DOE. Includes health benefits. For confidential consideration, more information, or to submit a resume and cover letter no later than May 1, contact executive director Bill Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-426-3313×101