Position Opening: High Performance Coach – Alpine Insurance Alberta World Cup Academy
The Alpine Insurance Alberta World Cup Academy (Alpine Insurance AWCA) has a current opening for a High Performance Coach for the 2017/18 competition year, November through March. This position could lead to a full-time contract for the 2018/19 training and competition season.
As a designated NTDC, the Academy is part of Cross Country Canada’s national network of training centres and has the status of an “A+B” centre. This full-time position will be part of the team assisting athletes achieve their full racing potential, ranging from junior and U23 level athletes to those athletes ready for selection to the NST and WC team.
The Alpine Insurance AWCA has a 9-year track record of helping athletes obtain placement on the NST and the WC, WSC and OWG teams.
Located in Canmore, Alberta, the High Performance Coach is expected to:
- Have a level of experience and expertise commensurate with the level of athlete training at the Alpine Insurance AWCA;
- Preference will be given to coaches who have a Level 4 designation, but applications from coaches with a Level 3 designation will also be considered;
- Superior expertise in all relevant technical aspects of our sport (race support, YTP development, wax/ski knowledge, etc.);
- A track record of proven success as a High Performance Coach;
- Alberta Class 4 driver’s license (or ability to obtain such in first month on the job).
Expected start date is November 13th, 2017.
All interested applicants are requested to send their resume to:
- Norbert Meier, President, Alberta World Cup Society
- Email: email@example.com
Deadline for application is October 24th, 2017