Executive Director – Bend Endurance Academy
The Bend Endurance Academy (BEA) is a public benefit 501(c)3 that organizes and operates endurance activity programs in Central Oregon, concentrating in three core disciplines: Nordic Skiing, Cycling & Climbing. The mission of BEA is to “promote healthy living through active, outdoor experiences. We emphasize teamwork, personal growth, and community responsibility.” BEA envisions a world with active, inspired, and more engaged people. Since its founding in 2009, BEA has grown from humble beginnings to serving more than 1000 kids in 2017.
Where You Get To Live!
Bend, Oregon, is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get To Do!
Reporting to the Board of the Directors the Executive Director (ED) has full responsibility for the daily operations of BEA corporate office and programs in accordance with BEA strategic plan, operating/business plans, Board policies, and annual budgets as approved by the Board. The operational and development activities of BEA include fundraising events, strategic planning, facility and vehicle maintenance, communications and marketing, staff training and compliance, personnel management, risk assessment and management, transportation and safety, program offerings, and financial management.
The Executive Director provides executive leadership to BEA to advance its mission and vision in part through strategic priorities adopted by the Board. The current priorities include the following:
Strategic Priority #1: Programs
- Manage growth of current programs to retain our strong commitment to quality programs for young participants at all levels of their athletic development and to build a strong platform for meeting growing demand in the future.
Strategic Priority #2: Culture
- Build a professional, collaborative, problem-solving team culture at all levels of the organization that honors the fun and joy of what we do.
Strategic Priority #3: Staff
- Retain and recruit the best staff to lead, develop and support programs
Strategic Priority #4: Revenue
- Grow and ensure diversified and sustainable revenues.
Strategic Priority #5: Communications
- Promote BEA’s vision for a “world with active, inspired and more engaged people” by communicating consistent messages about our mission (what we do) and our philosophy (why we do it) to key audiences.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, planning, recreation management, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in a management role, preferably in business or nonprofit leadership and/or management of multi and diverse program environments Demonstrated experience with the successful development and management of new programs or business enterprises
- Direct experience in working with recreation and/or youth sports education or relatable fields
- Direct experience in the supervision of senior level management staff
- Working knowledge and understanding of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and developing business financial pro formas
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, people management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a high level of conceptual and analytical skills, judgment and decision-making, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and foster innovation and initiative in others, work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment, develop relationships based on honesty, integrity and trust, work well under pressure, and prioritize work effectively
- Have or develop an ability to understand and deal effectively with the policy environment in which BEA operates
- Demonstrate success in strategic and business planning, implementation, management, and financial management skills
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work and build relationships with industry, government, and other stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives of BEA
- Demonstrate success in promoting business outcomes to industry, government, and the community;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Have or develop proficiency in social media and traditional media platforms
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and be insurable under the BEA’s insurance requirement
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test may be required.
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org