Job Posting: Golden Nordic Club Head Coach 2017- 2018
The Golden Nordic Ski Club in Golden, British Columbia, is seeking an enthusiastic, self motivated seasonal full time Head Coach with skills and integrity for the upcoming 2017/18 ski season, starting part time in October and November to more full time December to mid-April. He/She will work directly with the Skills Development Committee and the Board of Directors of the Golden Nordic Ski Club. This is a fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of Golden Nordic Clubs journey to grow our youth, racing and skills development programs!
The Head Coach shall be responsible for:
* Volunteer and Paid Coach coordination for Youth Programs
* Developing quality and sustainability of all our club programs with focus on youth
* Competitive Junior and Senior Race Team Coaching
* Skills development for Senior and Junior Race team members
* Provide any input for grant writing in conjunction with the Club’s grant writers
- Researching applicable grants
- Ensure timely and professional reporting to granters when required
* Responsible for staying with in the Programming Budget for expenses and meeting income targets
* Fund raising and promotion
- To be done in conjunction with parent committee
* Management of youth and school program ski equipment, including skis, boots, poles
* Management of all equipment and supplies related to the competitive and regular programs
* Monthly reporting to the board of directors and season end detailed report
* Work with the Skills Development Committee to continue to offer high quality programs such as School Groups, Masters and a Women’s 55+ program and teach for these programs as well.
* Organize on snow training sessions for volunteer coaches (ICC and CC)
* The Club is considering a paid seasonal Program Coordinator position. This position requires proven coordination and supervisory experience. An appropriately qualified coach will be considered as a candidate to fill a combined role.
- 5+ years coaching experience
- Previous racing experience preferred
- Minimum T2T (Training to Train) preferred with commitment to continuing professional development.
- Strong technical knowledge and love of Cross Country skiing
- Excellent race support abilities
- Competence in race waxing and basic equipment repair and maintenance
- Current First Aid and CPR
- CANSI certification (optional but nice to have)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent at being a team member and working in cooperation with others!
- Excellent Administration and Organizational Skills
- Excellent ability to organize and motivate volunteers
Valid and clean driver’s license and vehicle for travel to races
- Criminal Record check
There is also opportunity to live in the Dawn Mountain Chalet suite to be the caretaker for the Club of the Chalet. This would be a separate contract.
Remuneration is $25/hour.
Please send resume, cover letter and reference contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions and details call Annette at 250-344-1144 or email email@example.com
Application deadline: August 15th, 2017