Fifteen skiers from five states and two countries last weekend joined Fasterskier.com coaches Torbjorn Karlsen and John Aalberg for their annual December Ski Camp.
Masters skiers from Washington, Idaho, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota and from Toronto, Canada seemed to enjoy four days of skiing on the trails around the 2002 Olympic stadium at Soldier Hollow. The manmade snow and perfect grooming created a great venue for technique training in both classical and skating technique, as well as a couple of challenging workouts for the group.
– Internal Camp relay competition in both techniques – video and blood lactate measurements
– Lecture about core strength – including Swiss Ball exercises and ideas from nationally recognized Physical Therapist and core strength specialist Gary Grey.
– Downhill techniques and cornering skills on both downhill and flats
– Practical examples of speed drills, how to make it fun! – Sprint starts, figure 8, tactics
– Specific strength session including an 8 km specific strength workout.