A group of Swedish and Norwegian runners, biathlon and cross country skiers got together in an attempt to not only win but also break the course record in the prestigious Ringeriks relay in Norway last week. The â€œunifiedâ€ team succeeded, beat the other 185 teams and crushed the old course record. The old record was 2 hours, 12 minutes and 50 seconds while the new record is 2.08.47.
Check out the credentials of the team members!
1. Erik SjÃ¶qvist, Swedish 10,000 meter champion in 2004, 13,23 5000 meter PRÂ
2. Odd-Bjrn Hjelmeset , World Cup XC skier.
3. Claes Nyberg, Silver in the Swedish 10,000 championship in 2004, Silver in the European cross country running championship, 5000 meter PR of 13.35
4. Frode Andresen, World Cup biathlon skier
5. Henrik Skoog, Swedish 3000 meter steeplechase champion 2004 in 8.25, 5000 meter PR of 13.48 Â Â
6. Ronny HafsÃ¥s
7. Oskar KÃ¤ck, Gold in the Swedish 5000 m junior championship in 2004 and 6-kilometer cross country junior champion, 5000 meter PR of 13.58
8. Anders Aukland, World Cup skier with a 3000 meter steeplechase PR of 8.50 and Â 5000 meter PR of 13.57 Â