Team X-C.com, one of Canada’s top Nordic Racing Programs has come to the end of the road. After a very successful 7-year run that has seen three of its members graduate to the National Ski Team, X-C.com’s â€˜Industry Team’ concept will be dissolved following the 2007/08 season.
X-C.com Program Director Phil Villeneuve comments: â€œThis was a very difficult decision to make as I’ve invested countless hours into building and supporting a concept that I was truly passionate about — It’s been a great run, but it’s also time for X-C.com to take a new directionâ€. The decision to end the racing team component comes on the heels of Team X-C.com’s best season yet.
– Canadian and US National Aggregate Titles — Ivan Babikov
– 1st: American Birkebeiner — Ivan Babikov
– 1st: Gatineau Loppet — Ivan Babikov
– 1st: Gatineau Loppet — Milaine Theriault
– 4 Team Members qualifying for FIS World Cup in Canmore (Ivan Babikov posted a 12th place in the 15km Skate and a 13th in the 30km Pursuit)
– 3rd: Canadian Nationals — Brooke Gosling
– 8 Canada Cup Podiums
– 11 Ski Marathon Podiums including 4 Victories!
Canada's First 'Industry' Team Concept
The Team X-C.com concept was created in 2001 with the means to support Canada's development level cross-country skiers. The main purpose of the program was to offer technical and financial support to up-and-coming nordic skiers, but also to establish interactive programs that would generate income to support team members. The program evolved to offer multiple sport-marketing programs which included the X-C.com Nordic Event Tour, an interactive exhibition offered at Nordic events across Canada.
The X-C.com Nordic Event Tour provided a great 'buzz' to event organizers
The X-C.com Nordic-Sport Program will continue to offer promotional and service opportunities to its industry clients, and will now be able to provide further resources to nordic and outdoor enthusiasts via their website and onsite wax services. Stay tuned on www.x-c.com for more news!