Team X-C.com, one of Canada’s top Nordic Racing Programs has come to the end of the road. After a very successful 7-year run that has seen three of its members graduate to the National Ski Team, X-C.com’s â€˜Industry Team’ concept will be dissolved following the 2007/08 season.
X-C.com Program Director Phil Villeneuve comments: â€œThis was a very difficult decision to make as I’ve invested countless hours into building and supporting a concept that I was truly passionate about — It’s been a great run, but it’s also time for X-C.com to take a new directionâ€. The decision to end the racing team component comes on the heels of Team X-C.com’s best season yet.
– Canadian and US National Aggregate Titles — Ivan Babikov
– 1st: American Birkebeiner — Ivan Babikov
– 1st: Gatineau Loppet — Ivan Babikov
– 1st: Gatineau Loppet — Milaine Theriault
– 4 Team Members qualifying for FIS World Cup in Canmore (Ivan Babikov posted a 12th place in the 15km Skate and a 13th in the 30km Pursuit)
– 3rd: Canadian Nationals — Brooke Gosling
– 8 Canada Cup Podiums
– 11 Ski Marathon Podiums including 4 Victories!
Canada's First 'Industry' Team Concept
The Team X-C.com concept was created in 2001 with the means to support Canada's development level cross-country skiers. The main purpose of the program was to offer technical and financial support to up-and-coming nordic skiers, but also to establish interactive programs that would generate income to support team members. The program evolved to offer multiple sport-marketing programs which included the X-C.com Nordic Event Tour, an interactive exhibition offered at Nordic events across Canada.