UNITED STATES OLYMPIC COMMITTEE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator, Paralympic Ski Development
JOB NO: USP072408-K
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: U.S. Paralympics/ U.S. Paralympics
Coordinate the identification, recruitment, support and retention of physically disabled Paralympic-eligible athletes seeking to become internationally competitive. Collaborate with adaptive programs, organizations and coaches that are supporting athletes in achieving measurable results. Facilitate both the short and long term success and sustainability of Paralympic ski racing in the U.S. Drive communication and collaboration on initiatives that are complementary to existing efforts, with national organizations. Promote and support the Paralympic movement, increase athlete participation and both improve and expand the athlete pipeline.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement campaigns to identify and recruit individuals to Paralympic skiing.
2. Create process to ensure athletes who live in regions without established Paralympic ski training programs are provided with opportunities for learning, training and competing to become internationally competitive.
3. Provide athletes, coaches and adaptive ski programs with comprehensive, high quality educational materials to support the Paralympic Skiing movement, and ultimately put athletes on the U. S. National Team.
4. Take leadership role in the Paralympic sport community and promote skiing for purposes of recruitment and retention of future athletes.
5. Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter to athletes, coaches and adaptive ski programs.
6. Respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries pertaining to Paralympic skiing.
7. Measure program success by performing yearly audit of educational initiatives undertaken by other disabled sports.
8. Coordinate with other Paralympic outreach organization initiatives to gather and share information about their involvement and success in recruiting new athletes, coaches and adaptive ski instructors and promoting Paralympic Sport.
9. Other duties as assigned.
â€¢ Standard office equipment
â€¢ Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
â€¢ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
â€¢ Four years sport-related work experience, preferably with Olympic and/or Paralympic sport
â€¢ Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Explorer and Outlook
â€¢ Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
â€¢ Excellent written and oral communication skills
â€¢ Excellent customer services skills
â€¢ Domestic and international travel required
â€¢ Knowledge and proven experience with technical/tactical aspects of alpine ski racing.
â€¢ Leadership skills
â€¢ Advanced alpine skier
â€¢ Proficient in English, including written and oral communication skills.
â€¢ Understanding of USSA, FIS and IPC Alpine skiing rules.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Winter Sports
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO:
United States Olympic Committee
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909-5760
Fax: (719) 632-2884
Deadline for resume submission: Position will remain open until filled
Salary range: $36,618.00 – $54,978.00
Please refer to job code: 7760
***Note: This is an exempt, full-time temporary position with benefits for 1 year.***
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.