Today FasterSkier launched the FasterSkier Forums, a platform for discussion and the sharing of information related to cross-country skiing, nordic combined and biathlon. You can read about the vision of the Forums and the challenges here.
There is a new box in the left column of the FasterSkier homepage displaying the most recent forum posts and a list of all the forums with the number of posts in each. You can also access the Forums from the Community menu on any page. The Forums are located at:
– Please post in appropriate forums.
– Tag your posts. This makes it easier for other people to find information. For example if you post a question on how man level 4 intervals you should be doing, it should be in the “Training” forum and tagged as “intervals.”
– Be respectful. With the protection and anonymity of the internet, it can be easy to say things that you may later regret. In discussions, please think before you write, and disagree in a respectful manner.
– This is not a gear exchange. Please do not post items for sale or trade in the Forums. Such posts will be removed immediately.
– Your main FasterSkier login will work on the Forums. If you are logged in to the main site, you should also be logged into the Forums. If you create an account on either the Maine Site or the Forums, you will immediately have access to both. The Blogs are still separate and require a different login.
– There is a login box at the top of the left column on the Forum home. You can login there and also register for a new account.
– Once you are logged in, there will now be a link in that location giving you access to your profile. The profile page will show you all posts you have made, and allow you to easily edit them. You can also edit your personal information and manage your favorites using the links in the upper right of the profile page.
In effort to get things going, FasterSkier will select one poster each month to receive a free pair of Salomon trail running shoes. The monthly prize will go to the person we feel contributed the most that month – perhaps by asking a thought provoking question or providing excellent responses.