The Southern Ontario Training Centre (SOTC) is seeking to hire a full-time Head Coach who possess the credentials, skills, drive, leadership qualities, and passion to develop, grow and lead a high performance cross country ski training centre in southern Ontario.
The successful candidate will work out of the SOTC office, hosted by the Hardwood Hills Nordic Development Centre (HHNDC) and Hardwood Ski & Bike, one of Ontario’s finest cross country ski facilities, located just outside the cities of Barrie and Orillia, Ontario.
SOTC’s Head Coach will be accountable for leading the development, growth and delivery of a high performance program for southern Ontario athletes affiliated with SOTC, with the goal of preparing them for competitive success both within Canada and internationally.
In addition, the Head Coach will lead the growth and delivery of HHNDC’s existing developmental racing programs (a.k.a. Team Hardwood) with the assistance of other paid and volunteer coaches.
- Lead the development and implementation of a successful high performance program consistent with the mission and goals of SOTC;
- Recruit athletes and promote awareness of SOTC and its program within Ontario and the rest of Canada;
- Oversee the delivery of HHNDC’s developmental racing programs, with the assistance of additional paid and volunteer coaches;
- Assist the SOTC Board with fundraising initiatives & ensure the efficient administration of SOTC and HHNDC racing programs;
- Serve as a High Performance and Coaching Development resource for those Southern Ontario Division clubs who wish to use this resource.
Qualifications and Key Skills/Abilities:
- NCCP coaching certification in cross country skiing to at least Level III (old system), or international equivalent;
- Coaching and/or competitive experience in cross country skiing at the national and international level (preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver a successful training and racing program to athletes at the developmental level or higher;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of athletes, coaches and parent volunteers, and to cultivate values of mutual respect and inclusion;
- Commitment to on-going professional development and training;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Solid computing skills, including familiarity with standard business software, use of spreadsheets, and familiarity with use of social media
A fair compensation package will be determined based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications and Inquiries:
Applications, including cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for at least three references, should be submitted electronically or by mail no later than February 15, 2011 to:
Jack Sasseville (email@example.com)
Southern Ontario Training Centre
c/o Hardwood Ski & Bike
402 Old Barrie Rd.
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online
Ben Theyerl was born into a family now three-generations into nordic ski racing in the US. He grew up skiing for Chippewa Valley Nordic in his native Eau Claire, Wisconsin, before spending four years racing for Colby College in Maine. He currently mixes writing and skiing while based out of Crested Butte, CO, where he coaches the best group of high schoolers one could hope to find.