February 02, 2011 – This week EISA racing returns to the UVM Carnival after a week off. These races are a good opportunity for coaches and racers to compete on the same courses they will see at NCAA Championships in March.
Alpine races are at Stowe Mountain on the Main Street Trail. Friday’s races are men’s and women’s Giant Slalom. Saturday’s races are men’s and women’s Slalom.
The Nordic races at Trapp Family Lodge are on the new race course trails. On Friday the men are racing a 20km classic mass start and women are racing 15km classic mass start. Saturday the men are racing a 10km freestyle and women are racing 5km freestyle.
All of the races this weekend are NCAA qualifiers.
Thursday, February 3
– 12:00 pm-5:00 pm Nordic training and course inspection
– 5:00 pm Nordic Registration, Trapp Family Lodge
– 6:00 pm Nordic Coaches Meeting, Trapp Family Lodge
– 6:00 pm Alpine Competition Registration, Mt. Mansfield Ski Club at Big Spruce
– 7:00 pm Alpine Coaches Meeting, Mt. Mansfield Ski Club at Big Spruce
Friday, February 4
– 9:30 am Women’s Giant Slalom 1st run- followed immediately by Men’s 1st run
– 9:30 am Women’s 15km Classic mass start*
– 11:30 am Men’s 20km Classic mass start*
– 12:30 pm Women’s Giant Slalom 2nd run- followed immediately by Men’s 2nd run
Saturday, February 5
– 9:30 am Men’s Slalom 1st run- followed immediately by the Women’s 1st run
– 10:45 am Women’s 5km Freestyle individual start*
– 12:30 pm Men’s 10km Freestyle individual start*
– 12:30 pm Men’s Slalom 2nd run- followed immediately by the Women’s 2nd run
– 2:20 pm Nordic Podium Ceremony for all races
– 3:00 pm Alpine Awards Ceremony at Midway Base Lodge
All Alpine Races are NCAA Qualifiers and Nordic Race with a * are NCAA Qualifiers.
Watch 5k Nordic Course Video Map
released by Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association