NDC Thunder Bay is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic Head Coach to lead our organization into the future. Operating out of Thunder Bay, Ontario, a community renowned for its support of and involvement in cross-country skiing, the Head Coach will deliver appropriate services to a team of high performance, highly motivated athletes (LTC – TTC – TTW). The goal of NDC Thunder Bay is to provide a training environment that allows athletes to develop their potential to qualify for Cross Country Canada’s National Ski Team (CCC, NST). This is a full-time, 12 month contract position renewable on an annual basis. The Head Coach reports to a volunteer Board of Directors in collaboration with the NST/High Performance Director. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: 30 January 2012 Start Date: as early as 1 April 2011.
- NCCP Level IV (or international equivalent) coaching qualification preferred.
- A proven record of successful coaching at the club and division level with a good understanding of the demands of domestic and international competition.
- Strong leadership abilities and a vision of what is required to prepare athletes for the National Ski Team program.
- Strong qualities as a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and gain the trust and confidence of high performance athletes.
- Valid Driver’s License (Ontario Class G preferred).
- In addition, we expect applicants to demonstrate proven ability and/or experience with
- implementing and monitoring annual training and competition plans based on the most recent research and aligned with NST programming (e.g. using CCC’s LTAD model)
- a commitment to on-going professional development for self and others
- provision of technical and race support to competitive x-country racers
- trip planning and execution, program design and budgeting, sponsorship development, etc.
- appropriate testing and monitoring of high performance athletes using current technological tools (e.g. video analysis software, physiological data)
RESPONSIBILITES – the successful candidate will:
- provide high performance race support and coaching to athletes (LTC thru TTW);
- prepare and monitor annual, monthly, weekly team and individualised training plans.
- maintain financial records (trips, program, infrastructure)
- contribute to administration of the program (e.g. financial reporting, fundraising, sponsorships, equipment inventory, etc.)
- identify and mentor younger skiers through various outreach/inreach programs in cooperation with CCC and Cross Country Ontario (CCO).
- liaise with partner organizations such as CCC, CCO and Canada Sport Centre – Ontario.
- organize training and racing activities including extensive travel
- supervise and mentor other staff such as the Assistant Coach/Wax Technician
Submit covering letter, resume and two references to:
NDC Thunder Bay
c/o CRC Communications, 555 Dunlop Street, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 6S1
For more information about NDC, go to http://www.ntdc-tbay.on.ca/
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online