Auburn Ski Club Training Center on Donner Summit, CA is currently seeking to fill the year-round position of Training Center programs manager.
ASC-TC is a nationally recognized club that offers a wide range of Cross-Country, Alpine, Snowboarding, Freeride and Biathlon programs with a competition schedule in all disciplines. ASC-TC operates its own facilities that include a 20K XC trail system, biathlon range and Alpine race arena at the adjacent Boreal Mt. Resort.
The TC Programs Manager is a key member of the TC staff devoted to providing winter sports opportunities and athletic achievement to club members. Interested applicants should submit a resume, references and cover letter to Bill Clark at email@example.com. Deadline is June 1, 2013. More information and the full job description below and by clicking here.
Position: Training Center Programs Manager
Employer: Auburn Ski Club, Inc.
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation and benefits: Competitive compensation, full-time salaried September through May, half-time June through August. Includes health plan (after waiting period) and 2 weeks’ vacation.
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Work closely with executive director and staff to manage the Training Center athletic programs, events, activities to meet the goals and objectives as established by boards and discipline committees.
- Coordinate the development of annual program descriptions and implementation plan to create a healthy athletic environment with a focus on achievement and safety.
- Work closely with accounting staff to oversee and manage program budgets, reports and projections
- Administer program registration and membership process
- Assist in recruiting, training and supporting a coaching staff of 20+
- Coordinate and communicate a schedule of training sessions, venues and competitions
- Manage race events, volunteers, results and scoring
- Oversee program outreach communication, published materials and social media
- Plan marketing and athlete recruitment goals.
- Work closely with TC staff and volunteers to plan and organize fundraising events
- Participate in general TC operations as needed.
- Experience in one or more winter disciplines of Alpine, Nordic, Snowboarding, Biathlon or Freeride
- Working relationship with USSA, Far West Alpine, Far West Nordic, USASA or CNISSF preferred.
- Experience in youth sports, preferably snow sports
- Experience with Ski and snowboard competitions, timing and race administration
- Strong organizational and proven communication skills
- Organized, with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and be productive when unsupervised
- Computer competency – word processing, spreadsheets database managment, email and internet
- Ability and willingness to work in an outdoor winter environment, ability to ski or snowboard, lift up to 50lbs, operate snowmobiles.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, references and cover letter to Bill Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is June 1, 2013.
AUBURN SKI CLUB TRAINING CENTER
Box 729, Soda Springs, CA,95728
(530) 426-3313×103 or fax (530) 426-3501, www.auburnskiclub.org