The Tahoe Cross Country Ski Education Association (TCCSEA) program is seeking a Head Coach to work with its Nordic Junior Development and Competition Team, serving primarily middle school and high school age racers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established association with very successful programs and be a part of the development of our Devo/Comp Program.
This is a 10-month salaried position (mid June through mid April) that requires that you be available for practice 5-6 days week and assist in other aspects of running the team on a more flexible schedule. Additionally there might be longer day trips and camps on the schedule. The position is part-time. Approximately 25 hours per week including weekends. Work might also be available at the Tahoe XC Ski Area and/or the Tahoe XC Mt Biking Center.
1. Energetic and highly self motivated
2. Racing experience
3. Coaching experience
4. Planning and organizing skills
5. Team leadership
6. Strong communication skills
1. Athlete education and coaching, specifically ski technique focused
2. Conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices for Devo/Comp teams.
3. Plan, develop and implement training plan and practice sessions.
4. Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
5. Nurture and develop athletes’ potential skills and abilities
6. Analyze and evaluate athlete’s performances and modify training programs
7. Safely drive 8 passenger van in and around Lake Tahoe region (B Class license NOT required)
8. Maintain scheduling with Middle and High School Coaches (includes xc running and xc skiing)
9. Work with and manage parent volunteers and assistant coaches who will assist you in practice, at races and with carpooling
10. Communicate with athletes and families by email, website, and phone information about schedule and upcoming events (TCCSEA Director will assist in these duties when applicable).
11. Attend races with the team. Assist in all waxing (both classic and skate) and wax testing duties while at races
12. Review race course with skiers
13. Assist in fundraisers and functions over the course of the year.
Please send resumes and references to: Valli Murnane, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org