The Canmore Nordic Ski Club (CNSC) based in Canmore, Alberta, is seeking applications for a Part-Time Biathlon Coach with the club. This is a contract position at approximately ¾ time from May to March.
The Canmore Nordic Ski Club offers biathlon programming through several training groups from the Polar Bears through to the Learn to Compete phases of development.
- Certified in the competition coaching stream from the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) at a minimum with Biathlon Competition-Introduction and preferably with Biathlon Competition – Development
- Significant experience in biathlon as an athlete and/or coach
- Willing to travel throughout the contract period for races and camps
- Must have transportation to fulfill the contract position travel duties
- Maintain a current firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) certification as a Range Safety Officer
- Ability to motivate, build trust and gain the confidence of young athletes
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, organizational expertise and be team focused
- Work in a team environment within the CNSC and interact directly with the current biathlon coaching group (paid and volunteer) to support the CNSC biathlon programs – from Bears through to Learn to Complete and Adult biathlon.
- Provide dryland and on snow coaching for all CNSC biathlon groups
- Work with the CNSC Program Director and senior CNSC biathlon coaches to coordinate the delivery of training programs based on the CNSC program planning framework and the Biathlon Canada LTAD model
- Work with the current CNSC biathlon coaching group to provide race support and waxing support for CNSC athletes at biathlon races
- Athlete recruitment for CNSC biathlon programs
- Maintain the club’s rifles including air rifles
Hours of Work:
The nature of this coaching assignment requires flexibility in the hours of work. This position demands less hours during the summer (15-20 hours per week on average) than the fall and winter (30-35 hours per week on average).
The competition closes on April 25, 2014. Interviews will be conducted as qualified applications are received.
Please submit your application by email to Alain Parent, Canmore Nordic Ski Club Program Director at email@example.com