Craftsbury seeks to hire a Biathlon Coach to start in the late Spring/early Summer of 2014. This would be a full-time position; the coach will also be expected to participate in other projects and activities at the Craftsbury Outdoor Center as time permits. Compensation could include most meals, and a place to live.
Coaching responsibilities would include the following athlete groups:
- Green Racing Project: developing senior athletes
- Juniors: both introductory and experienced (aiming for Jr National Team)
- Youth: development programming
- Any possible collaboration with USBA on Development Programming or supporting visiting National Team biathletes
Coach will oversee all biathlon programming at Craftsbury including:
- Above-mentioned training
- Range maintenance (working with athletes)
- Equipment inventory and care (with athletes)
- Develop a regular schedule of races or time trials
- Camps for all ages (weekend, or weeklong)
Coach would travel with athletes to appropriate racing opportunities to provide support, waxing, etc
- Previous biathlon coaching experience.
- Prior experience as a competitive biathlete
- Ability and desire to work well with all age groups and all levels of experience.
- Strong communication skills
While we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled, we are eager to fill this position, and hope to start the interview process by May 1. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.