The Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club is seeking an Executive Director with a proven track record in competitive winter sports, k-12 education, fundraising, business development, and community involvement. Positon starts mid-June, 2015. Salary consideration begins at $125,000. Qualifications: 10-15 years of leadership with increasing responsibility; 10 years of nonprofit experience; demonstrated financial management; demonstrated success in achieving development objectives; the ability to build collaborative relationships; high level winter sports experience; Bachelor’s degree or higher required. A full job description and position summary are available below and at www.jhskiclub.org/employment. Please send resume and cover letter/letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is April 15th.
The Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club (“JHSC”) was founded in 1938 and is Jackson’s oldest non‐profit. Annually, JHSC serves over 500 young athletes in Alpine, Nordic, Freeride and Snowboard programs, bringing affordable snow sports to Jackson Hole’s local youth. The 2014/15 fiscal year budget includes revenues and expense of over $1,200,000, with over $400,000 coming from fundraising and events. Additionally, over the past year, JHSC raised $1,500,000 in its largest fundraising and capital project in its history to purchase snow making equipment, chillers, and lights for the race arena and terrain park at Snow King, JHSC’s main Alpine training facility. The installation of the snow making equipment and lights is complete and JHSC plans to become a major player in hosting early season Alpine camps in November and December. Many more details on JHSC can be found at www.jhskiclub.org.
The JHSC Executive Director (“ED”) is the chief executive officer of the organization and is responsible for supervision and oversight of all JHSC’s business and fiduciary affairs, its agents and employees. He/she reports to the Board of Directors. The ED position is a high visibility one; the ED is the primary spokesperson of the organization. The position is full time, year‐round.
There are many opportunities to improve existing systems and to develop and implement new strategicinitiatives. TheEDshouldbepreparedtotaketheClubtoanewlevelofexcellence; increase fundraising; build upon the Club’s many partnerships; and grow, broaden and strengthen JHSC’s pipeline of athletes.
While JHSC headquarters are located at the base of Snow King Mountain in downtown Jackson, Wyoming, training and competition takes place in a variety of venues throughout the community, region, nation and world.
In general, this position encompasses the following primary skill areas: building and carrying out the organization’s vision, management and leadership, fiscal oversight, fundraising, personnel and program oversight, marketing/community relations, and education coordination. Please see the Job Description for more details.
Desired Characteristics & Qualifications
Education & Training:
Minimum of an undergraduate degree; desired fields of study include business, marketing and education
- Minimum of ten to fifteen years of high level leadership and management experience, preferably in a winter sports club or similar organization
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders (coaches, athletes, parents, donors, schools, partners, government agencies, etc…)
- Experience with winter sports and high level athletic competition
- Fundraising and development experience
Skills and Qualities:
- Strong leadership, management strategic planning and organizational skills
- Proven fundraising/development skills
- Mature judgment and proven fiduciary responsibility
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong personal commitments to excellence and service to the community
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and backgrounds
- Team player with ability to delegate
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Flexibility and sense of humor
In addition to skill and experience qualifications, JHSC will perform a variety of background and reference checks. It also reserves the right to conduct drug testing and personality/career assessment evaluations.
Jackson Hole is a location that appeals year‐round to a limited number of people, so the importance of lifestyle cannot be underestimated. Any serious applicant must carefully assess his/her ability to live in a small, remote resort community, with a high cost of living, many hours from any major city.
The Board of Directors determines and sets compensation for the ED. The following benefits are offered:
- Employee medical, dental and vision insurance, paid 100% by JHSC
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Ski passes to Snow King and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Moving/relocation expenses, if applicable, and as approved by the Board of Directors
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online