Mansfield Nordic Club
Development Team Leader Position
Mansfield Nordic seeks to hire a Development Team Leader to drive our top youth skiers toward higher level skiing on our Competition Team. This Team Leader will be a high‐energy skier with strong communication abilities among individual athletes, groups, parents and volunteers. As a motivating and enthusiastic presence, the person who fills this leadership role will be an individual who is supportive, enthusiastic and ready to make a positive difference in the lives of skiers both on and off the trail.
The ability to motivate athletes and coordinate workouts, games, races and other events is key, as is creativity and adaptability in regards to weather, snow conditions and training venues.
Effective coaching is a key component of this position. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coaching the MNC Development Team, comprised of 8‐12 fast, motivated skiers age 12‐16
- Providing motivation, technique development & race savvy in a fun & energetic manner
- Sharing a passion & joy for skiing, as well as encouraging determination & hard work among athletes
- Collaborating directly with the MNC Bill Koch League team & Competition Team
- Providing race support at 4 NENSA Eastern Cup events, BKL events & more (EHSC qualifiers, out‐of‐region JNQs)
- Designing individual training for athletes, & working with them to develop both long & short‐term goals
- Actively communicating & coordinating with parents & other ski team coaches
Salary will be commensurate with experience & past coaching success (& influenced by skier enrollment) but will range between $8,000 & $12,000 for leading up to 5 training sessions per week from May through March, as well as providing coaching, waxing and support at 6+ competition weekends during the winter.
Mansfield Nordic is one of the largest and most diverse ski clubs in New England, with programs for over 200 skiers ranging in age from 7 to 70+. Our home training facility is the Ethan Allen Biathlon range in Jericho, Vermont. This location features snowmaking, lighted trails, Pisten Bully grooming, challenging terrain, a large lodge and a 5‐kilometer paved rollerski system. Our members range from recreational skiers to top racers. MNC youth, junior and collegiate racers have recently been on the podium at the NENSA BKL Festival, USSA Junior Nationals, NCAA Championships and Masters National and World Championships.
To inquire, please submit a resume and cover letter to Executive Director/Head Coach Adam Terko: adamRterko@gmail.com