Cross Country Sport Committee Athlete Vacancies
Currently, the [U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association] Cross Country Sport Committee has two athlete vacancies. This is an opportunity to be involved with the strategic direction of the sport. The work of the sport committee includes assisting in developing plans, strategies and procedures for submission to the CEO for the development and operations of cross country skiing programs.
In particular, assisting in the development and supervision of programs for competitor development, improvement to the USSA pipeline; assisting with the decisions on interdivisional questions concerning cross country competitions; and coordinating scheduling of international and national events in conjunction with the USSA staff.
To be considered for election to the USSA Cross Country Sport Committee, athlete candidates must have been active athletes within 10 years of nomination. Athletes who are 15 and over are eligible. Only current USSA Cross Country members are eligible for election or appointment to the sport committee.
The USSA Cross Country Sport Committee is comprised of the following:
- A chairman, elected by the sport committee membership every two years, who may serve as the USSA board representative;
- The USSA Nordic program director, named by USSA job position;
- National team development coach, named by USSA job position;
- Three athlete representatives, elected in conjunction with USSA’s Athletes’ Council;
- Up to two at-large members, appointed by the CCSC;
- Five regional representatives, designated/elected by the respective divisional committees in their regions, including:
* Alaska – comprised of the Alaska Division
* Pacific – comprised of the PNSA and Far West divisions
* Mountain – comprised of Intermountain, Northern & Rocky Mountain divisions
* Central – comprised of the Central Division
* East – comprised of the New England and Mid-Atlantic divisions
- Two members, each to be designated/elected by the membership of the standing subcommittees: Rules and Technical (Officials) and Coaches.
Membership on the sport committee carries with it time commitments and responsibilities. Members must commit to attend the annual USSA Cross Country Sport Committee meeting in the spring at the time of the USSA Congress, which usually takes place in Park City.
Please submit your expression of interest and a brief bio to Suzette Cantin at email@example.com and the chair of the USSA Cross Country Sport Committee, Cami Thompson Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 15, 2015.
USSA Athletes’ Council Chairman